About this Blog

I am creating this blog to record my walk with the Lord. I will be posting about what the Holy Spirit is revealing to me through the Scriptures, what I am learning through other religious material, and noting how other believers are blessing me with their insight and wisdom. Learning the Word is a work in progress, something that may, and should, take my whole lifetime to do. My biggest desire is to be nearer to the Lord everyday. I'm a daughter of the Most High and I aim to be a light for Him. I encourage you to read my posts and comment (if you like) on them. Feel free to write your opinion on any of the subjects. If we disagree on something, please state it respectfully, for I am striving to share my walk and my understanding of the Scriptures and not to offend anyone~so I ask that you do the same. Thank you for stopping by!!
May God Bless You Always!
~~~~Laura Noemi Sandoval~~~~

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Distressed? David's Approach (Psalm 25)

Five Step Approach When You're Distressed

  1. Turn to the Lord, lift up your soul to Him and trust him (v. 1)
  2. Ask Him to show you/teach you/guide you in His truth & put your hope in him (vv. 4-5)
  3. Repent & humbly ask for forgiveness although the iniquities (immoral behavior) of your youth and now may be great (vv. 7,11)
  4. Stay focused on the Lord-Your eyes are ever on the Lord (v. 15)
  5. Take refuge in the Lord! (v. 20)

This Psalm is all about humbling ourselves before the Lord, acknowledging His greatness and His forgiveness. Asking for forgiveness for our past (and present) transgressions, and seeking Him to teach us, guide us, and show us the way to the Truth. Taking refuge when we feel lonely, afflicted and distressed. We must keep our hope in Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment