About this Blog

I am creating this blog to record my walk with the Lord. I will be posting about what the Holy Spirit is revealing to me through the Scriptures, what I am learning through other religious material, and noting how other believers are blessing me with their insight and wisdom. Learning the Word is a work in progress, something that may, and should, take my whole lifetime to do. My biggest desire is to be nearer to the Lord everyday. I'm a daughter of the Most High and I aim to be a light for Him. I encourage you to read my posts and comment (if you like) on them. Feel free to write your opinion on any of the subjects. If we disagree on something, please state it respectfully, for I am striving to share my walk and my understanding of the Scriptures and not to offend anyone~so I ask that you do the same. Thank you for stopping by!!
May God Bless You Always!
~~~~Laura Noemi Sandoval~~~~

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Salvation

(from my Bring One to Christ post of June 3, 2010)
Salvation can only be obtained one way: By accepting Jesus into your heart and proclaiming that He is your Savior. That sounds simple enough, and in some levels it is, however, you can’t just speak the words and leave it at that. . Becoming a believer means striving to have a close and intimate relationship with our Lord. Just like any other relationship in your life, you must invest time and effort into it to make it work. You must act on your new faith. You need to spend time reading the Bible, making some changes in your life, having fellowship with other believers, you need prayer time, you must repent of sin and most importantly you need to be baptized in water and Spirit (born again). In John 3:3 Jesus states that no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again. You were born once in a physical nature through your mother’s womb and now, in order to enter the kingdom of God (be saved and have eternal life), you will need to be born of water and the Spirit (John 3:5). This “new birth” or “spiritual birth” is the beginning of the re-creation or transformation that you will go through to become a child of God. The scriptures tell us that once we are baptized we will receive the Holy Spirit (Jesus refers to the Holy Spirit as “The Counselor” and “The Spirit of Truth”) and this is when your new life, the ultimate journey, the best part of your life begins. The Holy Spirit will help you along the whole way. He will be your guide, your translator when reading scripture, he will be your Counselor, he will speak truth into your life, and he will help you to speak, listen and live differently. This change, this new life, is by far the most wonderful thing that can ever happen to a person. There is only one way to Salvation and no one can say it better than Jesus did when he spoke the following words: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” John14:6. If you want to be saved, have eternal life, and enter the kingdom of heaven you must accept Jesus as your Savior TODAY!
***To visit the "Bring One to Christ" group in Facebook click here ***

No comments:

Post a Comment