About this Blog

I am creating this blog to record my walk with the Lord. I will be posting about what the Holy Spirit is revealing to me through the Scriptures, what I am learning through other religious material, and noting how other believers are blessing me with their insight and wisdom. Learning the Word is a work in progress, something that may, and should, take my whole lifetime to do. My biggest desire is to be nearer to the Lord everyday. I'm a daughter of the Most High and I aim to be a light for Him. I encourage you to read my posts and comment (if you like) on them. Feel free to write your opinion on any of the subjects. If we disagree on something, please state it respectfully, for I am striving to share my walk and my understanding of the Scriptures and not to offend anyone~so I ask that you do the same. Thank you for stopping by!!
May God Bless You Always!
~~~~Laura Noemi Sandoval~~~~

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Strategy of Satan by Warren W Wiersbe

I was going to start a study on Spiritual Warfare by Dr. Jeremiah.  I ordered the CD pack which came with a study guide, a book marker, the cds and a book called The Strategy of Satan.  I opened up the first couple of pages of the study guide (to get ready) and sure enough I had a "task" to perform before I could get started....I needed to read the Strategy of Satan and The Practice of the Presence of God (by Brother Lawrence) prior to starting with the CD study.  Well, I had read the second book at the beginning of 2011 (and loved it) so I only had one book to read and then I could start my study.

For anyone that knows me, I am one of those readers that when I start reading a book I kind of get so into it, that I can't put it down and therefore finish it quite quick.  Well, this was not going to be the deal with The Strategy of Satan because in the Foreword Dr. Jeremiah specifically states that we should read this book sloowwlllyy and then in the introduction Mr. Wiersbe states "please do not speed read these pages."

So I started reading the book in August (2011) and I am still reading it.  I am taking their advise and reading every page very carefully, taking notes as I go along.  At times, I want to read continually because the subject matter is so interesting but I stop myself so that I can soak it all in.

I will be posting what I have learned so far in each chapter.  Just so you know, I have checked every Bible verse written (I do that with all the books I read-no offense Mr. Wiersbe) and have found Wiersbe's take on this subject matter accurate and biblical sound.


I hope you enjoy reading what I am learning on this subject~I know that I will enjoy sharing it with you....God Bless You!

Note: you may click here to be directed to Dr. Jeremiah's website to learn more about the Spiritual Warfare Study.



 **if you would like to read this book and can not afford to buy it for yourself, please e mail me at tazzari@juno.com with your shipping information and I will send one to you**

2 comments:

  1. Looks interesting. I wonder about doing a study on Satan for our home group...hadn't thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you would really like it Trish. Its been an eye opener for me and I have been able to apply what I have learned...

    ReplyDelete