About this Blog

I am creating this blog to record my walk with the Lord. I will be posting about what the Holy Spirit is revealing to me through the Scriptures, what I am learning through other religious material, and noting how other believers are blessing me with their insight and wisdom. Learning the Word is a work in progress, something that may, and should, take my whole lifetime to do. My biggest desire is to be nearer to the Lord everyday. I'm a daughter of the Most High and I aim to be a light for Him. I encourage you to read my posts and comment (if you like) on them. Feel free to write your opinion on any of the subjects. If we disagree on something, please state it respectfully, for I am striving to share my walk and my understanding of the Scriptures and not to offend anyone~so I ask that you do the same. Thank you for stopping by!!
May God Bless You Always!
~~~~Laura Noemi Sandoval~~~~

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Jesus' Last Supper

 This is from my "Bring One to Christ" post for today (04/21/2011)

On this day our Lord Jesus Christ had His last supper (a Passover meal) with His disciples. This day is full of important and meaningful events.  For starters, as soon as they sat down to eat, He announces that "One of you who eats with Me will betray Me" (Mark 14:18).  Having the knowledge that one of your closest friends is going to hand you over to be killed can not by any means be anything that any normal human could handle, but Jesus, who is the Prince of Peace, not only sat and ate with Judas but washed his feet as well. Yes, He humbled himself and washed the disciples' feet.  Here's the Son of God washing the feet of men!! He did this, among other things, to demonstrate the meaning of servanthood.  He tells them that if the Teacher and Lord can wash your feet, then you also are to wash one another's feet (John  13:13-15).  Now, He knows that His time on earth is coming to an end, and that He will have to suffer much before ascending into heaven with the Father.  That alone would be unbearable, now add to that the fact that he is sharing a meal with the "traitor of all traitors....Judas! Can any one person endure all that? Only Jesus! For He was put on this earth to bear the sins of all men.  To suffer, to be persecuted and to be crucified like a common criminal, when all along He was without blemish.  After supper, Jesus goes to Gethsemane to pray.  He is, at this point, feeling exceedingly sorrowful (Mark 14:34). The crushing realization of having to bear the sin of the world and to lose, even temporarily,  the fellowship of the Father was nearly more than Jesus' soul could bear.  Yet, He does something that shows His true character, His divine, true self; He prays for God's will to be done and not His own (Mark 14:36).  Even to the point of death (which is inevitable) He chooses to be obedient to whatever the Father wills.  Reflecting on all that Jesus had to go through, all the anguish and betrayal that He felt.  The extreme sadness of being separated from His Father for a short while, not to mention the horrific physical punishment He would have to endure is so humbling.  After all, none of us are deserving of salvation, and yet we can all obtain it by proclaiming that Jesus is our Savior! and that He indeed died on the cross for our sins!

**To visit the "Bring One to Christ" group in Facebook click here

1 comment:

  1. I actually thought about Judas quite a bit last week. Had he not committed suicide even he would have been forgiven. Salvation is truly the ultimate gift.
    Trish

    ReplyDelete