About this Blog

I am creating this blog to record my walk with the Lord. I will be posting about what the Holy Spirit is revealing to me through the Scriptures, what I am learning through other religious material, and noting how other believers are blessing me with their insight and wisdom. Learning the Word is a work in progress, something that may, and should, take my whole lifetime to do. My biggest desire is to be nearer to the Lord everyday. I'm a daughter of the Most High and I aim to be a light for Him. I encourage you to read my posts and comment (if you like) on them. Feel free to write your opinion on any of the subjects. If we disagree on something, please state it respectfully, for I am striving to share my walk and my understanding of the Scriptures and not to offend anyone~so I ask that you do the same. Thank you for stopping by!!
May God Bless You Always!
~~~~Laura Noemi Sandoval~~~~

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Events of Holy Week

The Final Week of Jesus' Earthly Ministry




Sunday:
The triumphal entry into Jerusalem  (Mark 11:1-11)
Monday: 
Cleanses the temple in Jerusalem (Mark 11:15-19)
Tuesday:
The Sanhedrin challenges Jesus' authority (Luke 20:1-8)
Jesus foretells the destruction of Jerusalem and His return (Matthew 24, 25)
Mary anoints Jesus at Bethany (John 12:2-8)
Judas bargains with the Jewish leaders to betray Jesus  (Luke 22:3-6)
Thursday:
Jesus eats the Passover meal with His disciples and institutes the Memorial Supper (John 13:1-30)
Prays in Gathsemane for His disciples (Mark 14:22-26 & John 17)
Friday:
His betrayal and arrest in the Garden of Gethsemane (Mark 14:43-50)
Jesus questioned by Annas, the former high priest (John 18:12-24)
Condemned by Caiaphas and the Sanhedrin (Mark 14:53-65)
Peter denies Jesus three times (John 18:25-27)
Jesus is formally condemned by the Sanhedrin (Luke 22:66-71)
Judas commits suicide (Matthew 27:3-10)
The trial of Jesus before Pilate (Luke 23:1-5)
Jesus' appearance before Herod Antipas (Luke 23:6-12)
Formally sentenced to death by Pilate (Luke 23:13-25)
Jesus is mocked and crucified between two thieves (Mark 15:16-27)
The veil of the temple is torn as Jesus dies (Matthew 27:51-56)
His burial in the tomb of Joseph Arimathea (John 19:31-42)
Sunday:
Jesus is raised from the dead (Luke 24:1-9)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment