About this Blog

I am creating this blog to record my walk with the Lord. I will be posting about what the Holy Spirit is revealing to me through the Scriptures, what I am learning through other religious material, and noting how other believers are blessing me with their insight and wisdom. Learning the Word is a work in progress, something that may, and should, take my whole lifetime to do. My biggest desire is to be nearer to the Lord everyday. I'm a daughter of the Most High and I aim to be a light for Him. I encourage you to read my posts and comment (if you like) on them. Feel free to write your opinion on any of the subjects. If we disagree on something, please state it respectfully, for I am striving to share my walk and my understanding of the Scriptures and not to offend anyone~so I ask that you do the same. Thank you for stopping by!!
May God Bless You Always!
~~~~Laura Noemi Sandoval~~~~

Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Perfect Mess

While listening to a Christian radio station the other day, I came across a very funny, talented lady. Her name is Lisa Harper. She was talking about the ladies of the Bible. She definitely got my attention with her witty way of teaching the Scriptures. I was laughing and learning at the same time. She earned a Master of Theological Studies with honors from Covenant Seminary in St Louis. She is a speaker and an author.
I decided to buy one of her books called "A Perfect Mess: Why You Don't Have to Worry About Being Good Enough for God." It is a study of the Psalms with a humorous twist. She shares lots of funny stories from her life and applies them to some of the Psalms. Every chapter has questions at the end and there are lots of good facts about the Psalms, in general, throughout the book.


I will be posting what I am learning in this book. It is meant to be studied alone or with a lady's bible study group. I am doing it alone. Let's see what I learn....


**if you would like to read this book and can not afford to buy it for yourself, please e mail me at tazzari@juno.com with your shipping information and I will send one to you**

No comments:

Post a Comment