About this Blog

I am creating this blog to record my walk with the Lord. I will be posting about what the Holy Spirit is revealing to me through the Scriptures, what I am learning through other religious material, and noting how other believers are blessing me with their insight and wisdom. Learning the Word is a work in progress, something that may, and should, take my whole lifetime to do. My biggest desire is to be nearer to the Lord everyday. I'm a daughter of the Most High and I aim to be a light for Him. I encourage you to read my posts and comment (if you like) on them. Feel free to write your opinion on any of the subjects. If we disagree on something, please state it respectfully, for I am striving to share my walk and my understanding of the Scriptures and not to offend anyone~so I ask that you do the same. Thank you for stopping by!!
May God Bless You Always!
~~~~Laura Noemi Sandoval~~~~

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Chosen By God


Okay, by now you have noticed a little thing about me, two in fact: 1) I love to read and 2) I am a bit of a multi-tasker. So I read lots of books (and the Bible) at the same time. I don't wait to finish one book before I start a new one-I just spread them out throughout the day so as to read a bit of all of them daily.
Like I mentioned on my earlier post (the 30 day Psalm post) towards the end of 2010 I felt a real, deep need to look into the "elect" in the bible. This, I know, is a sore and controversial subject for most people, including me. But last year I couldn't escape it. Although I had read through the Bible once before, I had not really "noticed" all the different references to the "elect." Although I do find the subject matter interesting, I have to admit that it troubles me. This is a personal journey for me to understand (hopefully) what is meant by the elect. At no time during my journey will I be trying to convince anyone of what I believe to be true-I will just be sharing what my interpretation of the verses are.
While visiting my sister, Monica, in December I mentioned to her how I was looking deeper into the subject of the elect and predestination. She recommended a book called "Chosen by God" by RC Sproul. I have been reading this book since December. I am not in a position to really stand firm on either the Reformed view or Arminian view (I am not much of a title seeker so even when I have a better understanding on the subject-I will not be labeling myself one or the other), however, RC Sproul has helped me understand some other topics of the bible which I will share later. So this one might be a "rocky" road for me-mostly because I want to believe with all my heart that the Lord has "elected" all of us, but Scripture might open my eyes to discover something else.

**if you would like to read this book and can not afford to buy it for yourself, please e mail me at tazzari@juno.com with your shipping information and I will send one to you**

2 comments:

  1. Wow-you have peaked my interest with this one. I have never heard of 'the elect' or that it exists, so I'd better start making a list of things to start digging into one by one. There is so much to learn! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is so much to learn, this book is really well written. Look up 1 Peter's intro...that's what got me thinking, then I saw it all over the place...still searching for answers...The Bible is soooo good!

    ReplyDelete