About this Blog

I am creating this blog to record my walk with the Lord. I will be posting about what the Holy Spirit is revealing to me through the Scriptures, what I am learning through other religious material, and noting how other believers are blessing me with their insight and wisdom. Learning the Word is a work in progress, something that may, and should, take my whole lifetime to do. My biggest desire is to be nearer to the Lord everyday. I'm a daughter of the Most High and I aim to be a light for Him. I encourage you to read my posts and comment (if you like) on them. Feel free to write your opinion on any of the subjects. If we disagree on something, please state it respectfully, for I am striving to share my walk and my understanding of the Scriptures and not to offend anyone~so I ask that you do the same. Thank you for stopping by!!
May God Bless You Always!
~~~~Laura Noemi Sandoval~~~~

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Choosing Forgiveness


I was looking at the Amazon website to purchase a book for my friend, when at the bottom of the screen a book called "Choosing Forgiveness" popped up (amazon gives you suggestions on books you may be interested in from the same author or same topic as what you are searching). This book caught my eye and I felt I had to read it. So, I purchased my friend's book and this one as well. When I received it, I picked it up and just couldn't put it down. It is a very well written book, with lots of biblical references-actually the whole theme is about how true forgiveness can only be accomplished with God. It was an eye opener. I thought I had forgiven some people in my life but while reading through this book, I quickly realize I hadn't. I have never been a person that holds grudges or plot revenge and therefore I thought that I did not resent anyone and had forgiven all wrongs performed against me-I was wrong. I had some wounds that hadn't healed because of my lack to forgive the offense.
This is an interactive book, that asks you questions at the end of each chapter-important questions that help you search deep inside the core of your feelings, your heart, for answers that will reveal where you stand in the "forgiveness" meter. She also has a couple of checklists that help you evaluate your progress in the forgiveness cycle.
An interesting thing happened to me when I reached page 93. I was reading, highlighting, thinking when all of a sudden I felt that the Holy Spirit was talking to me, telling me to give this book to 5 people and the names of these five ladies popped into my head. I quickly wrote it down on that page and kept on reading. Sure enough, the next day I started searching where I could purchase these 5 books at a cheaper rate. God, being great in small/great matters, allowed me to find these 5 books at a price I could totally afford (this book costs about $13.oo (new) x 5 = 65.oo + shipping). Although I didn't have the 65.00 I was going to be obedient to the "voice" inside of me and buy them, but like I said, the Lord loves an obedient heart so I found them "new" for $2.00 each!!! I was able to be obedient and not have to juggle money to do it-God is awesome!! The story gets better...I was talking to one of the recipients last week and she told me that she was reading through it and commented to her co-worker about the book and it's context. Well, the co-worker, who is having marital issues, asked her if she could borrow the book after she was done!! Isn't that amazing! Only God could have orchestrated that!
"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God" 2 Corinthians 1:3-4


**if you would like to read this book and can not afford to buy it for yourself, please e mail me at tazzari@juno.com with your shipping information and I will send one to you**

2 comments:

  1. Can I just say, "You ROCK!" Thank you for being my friend and sister in Christ!!

    ReplyDelete