About this Blog

I am creating this blog to record my walk with the Lord. I will be posting about what the Holy Spirit is revealing to me through the Scriptures, what I am learning through other religious material, and noting how other believers are blessing me with their insight and wisdom. Learning the Word is a work in progress, something that may, and should, take my whole lifetime to do. My biggest desire is to be nearer to the Lord everyday. I'm a daughter of the Most High and I aim to be a light for Him. I encourage you to read my posts and comment (if you like) on them. Feel free to write your opinion on any of the subjects. If we disagree on something, please state it respectfully, for I am striving to share my walk and my understanding of the Scriptures and not to offend anyone~so I ask that you do the same. Thank you for stopping by!!
May God Bless You Always!
~~~~Laura Noemi Sandoval~~~~

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Land of the Giants -- Fear

Dr. David Jeremiah has a study on "Slaying the Giants in our Lives."  It is an excellent bible study.  The first 20 minutes of the video consist of songs and hymns from the church choir where Dr. Jeremiah is giving his sermon.  Although they sing beautifully, I tend to download the whole 60 minutes but I skip the singing.  My time is limited (with my 5 kiddos keeping me busy) so I just get right to the point where Dr. Jeremiah starts the Bible study.

I can't recommend this study enough.  It is excellent!  The link below is for the one on FEAR~ I hope that you can check it out, you will be blessed by it.

Learn how fear:

  • Disregards God's plan for your life
  • Distorts God's purpose in your life
  • Discourages God's people
  • Disbelieves God's promises
  • Disobeys God's principles
  • Demands a Biblical response
Fight fear by:
  • Confronting your fear honestly
  • Confessing your fear as sin
  • Claiming God's promises of protection
  • Cultivating a closer relationship with God
  • Commit your life to Jesus Christ

http://www.davidjeremiah.org/site/lotg/GiantWatchListen.aspx?giant=fear

My favorite Bible verse from this study:

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and love and of a sound mind" ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

May you receive the message the Lord has for you through this study.....

No comments:

Post a Comment