About this Blog

I am creating this blog to record my walk with the Lord. I will be posting about what the Holy Spirit is revealing to me through the Scriptures, what I am learning through other religious material, and noting how other believers are blessing me with their insight and wisdom. Learning the Word is a work in progress, something that may, and should, take my whole lifetime to do. My biggest desire is to be nearer to the Lord everyday. I'm a daughter of the Most High and I aim to be a light for Him. I encourage you to read my posts and comment (if you like) on them. Feel free to write your opinion on any of the subjects. If we disagree on something, please state it respectfully, for I am striving to share my walk and my understanding of the Scriptures and not to offend anyone~so I ask that you do the same. Thank you for stopping by!!
May God Bless You Always!
~~~~Laura Noemi Sandoval~~~~

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Noah Webster 1828 Dictionary

I have been wanting to purchase the Webster 1828 dictionary for a long time, but because of the price, I had to hold off.  Well, on my birthday, I was blessed with an Amazon gift card from my sister Monique and her family.   So I finally have my copy of this wonderful dictionary at home.  The Noah Webster 1828 is published by the Foundation for American Christian Education.  I absolutely love this dictionary.  It has the proper definitions for word such as: marriage, sin, education, etc. And it references the Bible a lot!  This gift came to me at the perfect time, because this year I had committed myself to looking up any word I did not understand (or had a question about) while doing my daily bible reading.  I've looked words up, that I thought I knew the meaning to but was curious to see the 1828 definition of it, and was surprised at the differences in the "modern" version of the dictionaries and the definitions listed in this one.  


I will be posting words and definitions under the title "Webster 1828." Bear in mind, that English is my second language (I'm from Argentina), so I look up a lot of words :)   

No comments:

Post a Comment